Thursday, September 27, 2012

IM - AG - I - NA - TION

Ø  Imagination – and the pigment of it
“Well you have quite the colorful imagination”, that is what she said to the little boy who had written in bold Crayola letters a paragraph about a young elf who became friends with an eagle and flew to beautiful places. The story was accompanied by an equally vivid and bright drawing from his handy 64-Pack Crayon container. “It’s the pigment” he said boldly with confidence to her. “It’s the what?” she asked. He stated clearly again with confidence “The pigment. The pigment of my imagination. That’s what my dad told me. He said what you said, that I had a colorful imagination. And another time when I thought I saw some fairies and elves out playing under trees in our orchard, he said that what I thought I saw was a “pigment of my imagination”, and that it was colorful; my imagination. My daddy does some painting and drawing sometimes and he said he mixes pigments to make different colors, so I guess since my imagination is so colorful it’s gotta have lots of pigment”.
I think we all have a pallet of assorted pigments to choose from in our imaginations too. I think sometimes though we lose touch with it in our on-going attempts to make rational thoughts of things in our lives. We seem to need structure and try to keep things black and white. I love great black and white photographs, charcoal drawings, black ink and shading in art. A well executed rendering in black and white, or an excellent composition with light and dark contrast can be riveting and dramatic. Images captured, images created. Im-ag-i-na-tion.
I Imagine, if you use the pigments of your Imagination, you too can capture a great and inspiring Image. It may come to fruition in any number of ways as you pursue the action and task at hand to accomplish it. The work and labor of the task must always begin with the idea and an image in mind of the outcome and final result.
I think the broader you allow for your experiences to build on the pigments you have to add to your pallet, and the more open you are to choosing a broad variety of them for expression, the better for it you and all you touch will be.  Think bold, think inclusive, think outside your box, and keep building your collection of colors to add to your crayon toolbox, and never stop stretching your imagination. Soon that “figment” of your imagination of what you might be, you might do, – is being done with passion and flare, boldly and colorfully!
May your soul be full of color and your imagination never-ending. Peace.

"color creek" - CristPix Creative Images copyright 2012


1 comment: